Withdrawal Refunds

Students who withdraw from the University must imme­d­i­ately file a withdrawal form, available at the Office of the Registrar. The completed form, bearing the required signatures, must be filed at the Office of the Registrar.

Tuition deposits are not refundable under any circumstances. Tuition, less the tuition deposit, and refundable fees are refundable depending on the percentage of time the student was enrolled in the quarter. The following policy applies to withdrawals:

Percent of Term Tuition Refunded
0-9.99 100%
10-24.99 75%
25-49.99 50%
50+ No Tuition Refunded

Residence and meal contracts are signed for the full school year. Students who leave a residence before the end of the year are liable for the entire year’s rent or for charges up to the date another student takes the vacated space. Meal charges are assessed until the end of the week in which withdrawal is in effect. Adjustments may be made at the discretion of Residential Services for students who for financial reasons must make room and board arrangements other than those for which they first contracted.

Financial aid recipients who withdraw from the University may be required to return a portion of their Title IV funds to the federal programs as well as some of their state assistance, outside scholarships, and/or institutional financial aid. Three different calculations—the Institutional Refund, Return of Title IV Funds, and Return of Non-Title IV Funds—are used to determine such repayments. Students may request samples of the applications of these refund policies from Student Finance or the Office of Undergraduate Financial Aid.